Pre-conception through Pregnancy Detox & Diet
Source: Susun Weed
In this growing toxic world, it is essential to detoxify your body before you decide to get pregnant. Read the Envirotoxin Update and Depleted Uranium articles. Miscarriages and infertility are directly related to our own toxicity (with a few exceptions). This stands true for men as well as women. I recommend using Zeolite 3-6 months before trying to conceive to rid toxins in your body.
Additionally, women in their mid-30's and 40's who are trying to conceive are having a harder time because of low amounts of progesterone in their bodies. This is generally a natural part of perimenopause. However, now a lot of toxins (plastics, herbicides, pesticides) mimic estrogens (xenoestrogens). These xenoestrogens make our estrogen levels too high and lower our progesterone levels. This causes PMS and perimenopausal mayhem. Progesterone is needed for conception and to keep that fertilized ovum in the womb. Other nutrients are also essential for bringing premium health to your unborn baby and the pregnant mother. While pregnant, gentle detoxification still takes place such as homemade broths and smaller amounts of Zeolite. It is believed that morning sickness is related to the toxicity of your system.
Pre-Conception Health & Diet
* Red clover tea: The single most useful herb for establishing fertility. Its high vitamin content is especially useful for the uterus. Its high protein content aids the entire body. Its calcium and magnesium content relax the nervous system and promote fertility. Its high mineral content, helps restore and balance hormonal functions. This is contained in my Fertility Tonic.
* Chastetree Berry: In my Fertility Tonic which will promote more progesterone in the body, needed for fertilization.
* Folic acid: It is essential in that first trimester to build babies brain cells. And since you don't know exactly when you are pregnant, you should start taking it now. You need a good supply already in your system before conception.
* Fish Oil capsules: Full of vitamin A, necessary to endocrine glands.
* Vitamin E: Also for endocrine glands and energy.
* Nettle tea: Lots of chlorophyll which is excellent food for the hormonal system. Great for entire pregnancy too. Nettle is full of iron. Necessary during pregnancy. Also in the Fertility Tonic.
* Have father-to-be take Vit C and zinc. Feed him lots of foods rich in these. Both of you should stop all substances. Avoid drinking alcohol. That first trimester is when alcohol does its most damage.
* Diet: DON'T- Overeat or eat refined or processed foods. DO - work outdoors every day and eliminate coffee and alcohol.
* Dental work: Have your teeth checked because being pregnant puts a strain on your calcium supply. Do dental work that is needed now. Don't have them x-ray, unless absolutely necessary. If so, cover belly with protective cloth.
* Birth control pills: It is recommended that you wait 3 months after stopping birth control pills because it causes your hormones to fluctuate which can cause miscarriages.
* Lunaconception: Ovulation is controlled by light. Leave a light on in your bedroom for three nights midway through your menstrual cycle; all other nights keep the room in total darkness. You will ovulate when the light is on. Have intercourse during the three “light:” nights if you want to conceive.
* Take folic acid every day before pregnancy and all of 1st trimester. Those first few months are so important to babies development, especially the spinal cord.
* Take vitamin B6 to combat morning sickness and practice gentle detoxification such as homemade veggie and beef broths and Zeolite. Eat small meals often and eat candied ginger (1-2 pieces at onset of nausea).
* Drink my Pregnancy Tonic with red raspberry and nettle. Drink it every day if you can. If you start it late in pregnancy, drink 2-3 cups a day. It prepares the womb for childbirth and provides much needed iron and nutrients. Completely safe during pregnancy.
* Take Cod Liver Oil (non-synthetic) to supply 20,000 IU vitamin A and 2000 IU vitamin D per day
* Drink 1 quart (or 32 ounces) whole milk daily, preferably raw and from pasture-fed cows (learn more about raw milk at www.realmilk.com)
* Eat 4 tablespoons butter daily, preferably from pasture-fed cows
* Eat 2 or more eggs daily, preferably from pastured chickens
* Eat additional egg yolks daily, added to smoothies, salad dressings, scrambled eggs, etc.
* 3-4 ounces fresh liver, once or twice per week (If you have been told to avoid liver for fear of getting "too much Vitamin A," be sure to read Vitamin A Saga.
* Fresh seafood, 2-4 times per week, particularly wild salmon, shellfish and fish eggs (AVOID: farmed salmon, tuna and king mackerel...full of mercury.)
* Eat fresh beef or lamb daily, always consumed with the fat
* Eat oily fish or lard daily, for vitamin D
* Take 2 tablespoons coconut oil daily, used in cooking or smoothies, etc.
* Eat Lacto-fermented condiments and beverages (See Diet for Wellness article.)
* Bone broths used in soups, stews and sauces
* Soaked whole grains (See Diet for Wellness article.)
* Fresh organic vegetables and fruits
- Trans fatty acids (e.g., hydrogenated oils)
- Junk foods
- Commercial fried foods
- White flour
- Soft drinks
- Drugs (even prescription drugs)